Small businesses need and appreciate your help!
These are uncertain times. During the measures designed to stop the spread of the global pandemic COVID-19 and keep people safe; many independent business owners are having to shut their doors.
As a Bristol-based maker and independent retailer, the team at Wristees know how important it is to put your money into local stores and shop local. This is something that has always been at the heart of the Bristol creative community, but now more than ever independent businesses need your help!
We don’t want entrepreneurial journeys to end - so have come up with some ways to support small businesses as the UK is forced to go into its second national lockdown...
Here’s what you can do to help…
- Purchase online when you can.
- Send a DM or email to ask businesses what they recommend as gift ideas this Christmas.
- If they are not yet an online store, see if they now do click and collect orders over the phone or through social media requests.
- Purchase the The Indie Guide catalogue to browse independent businesses for unique gifts.
As the pandemic has affected everyone in very different ways, it’s understandable that not everyone can put money into the favourite indie business they love- so we have also come up with ways that don’t spend a single penny to keep the ethos of support small!
- Leave positive reviews.
- Share, comment, like and engage across all social platforms (It’s especially important to engage on Instagram since the new algorithm is against small businesses).
- Recommend independent businesses to your friends and family.
- Attend online events or open studios to discover new brands and meet the artists behind the work (eventbrite.com is a great place to look for zoom events).
From the Wristee® Team.